MLSA Technical Officer
The Technical Officer position will require strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as exceptional communication skills. The position requires in depth knowledge and experience in the landscape design and construction industry as the candidate will be engaged in a variety of quality assurance activities which are integral to the organisation. These activities include, but are not limited to, providing specialist advice and guidance in relation to:
- Technical requirements
- Technical difficulties
- Regulatory requirements
- Licensing requirements and approvals
- Licence applications and upgrades
- Building standards and compliance
- Construction code standards and compliance
- Building and council approvals
- Consumer complaints and non-compliance
The Technical Officer will be required to hold regular meetings with MLSA members on site and promote the organisation to existing and prospective members (with a target of approaching 10 prospective members per week). The Technical Officer will also be tasking with maintaining strong relationships with our network of sponsors and will meet regularly with current and prospective sponsors.
The Technical Officer will be required to meet and liaise with local government and councils to discuss priorities and offer guidance in relation to any prospective services which can be provided to their jurisdiction by MLSA members. This will include collaborating on projects such as workshops, events and tendering.
The Technical Officer will establish and maintain strong relationships with Consumer and Business Services and the National Construction Board and collaborate effectively with all other industry partners with a focus on building and construction standards. This may also include event coordination/participation and displays at various exhibitions/expos, etc. (e.g. The Royal Horticultural Society/HIA/Master Builders, etc.).
The Technical Officer will provide advice and guidance to any members of the public who have issues with workmanship provided by an MLSA member, taking photographs and providing technical data and reports, with a view to finding a resolution.
The position works with considerable independence but will require close collaboration with the MLSA Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors. The Technical Officer will also liaise regularly with industry regulators, industry leaders, MLSA members and MLSA sponsors, both face to face and over the telephone.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter, detailing your qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday 31st August 2018
Landscape Techniques is Seeking a Leading Hand and Skilled Labourers
Landscape Techniques is on the hunt for passionate, hard-working landscapers with an eye for detail. Positions available include Leading Hand and Skilled Labourer.
If you’re keen to join their dynamic, industry leading landscape construction team, please forward your CV to email@example.com
Yardstick Landscape Services is Seeking Experienced Landscapers
Multi-award-winning landscape company Yardstick Landscape Services is looking for experienced landscapers to join their team.
To enquire or apply, contact Nick on 0421 415 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matthew O’Grady Landscape Designs is Seeking an Experienced Paviour/Landscaper
Award-winning landscape design and construction company Matthew O’Grady Landscape Designs is looking for an experienced paviour/landscaper who is able to travel independently to job sites in the Adelaide metro area for Monday-Friday work, working hours approximately 8am – 4pm.
Good communications skills, enthusiasm and passion for the landscape industry are a must.
To apply or for more information, please phone Matthew on 0414 896 975 or email email@example.com.
Creative Pools & Landscaping is Seeking a Full-Time Landscaper
Creative Pools & Landscaping have a full-time position currently available in our construction team.
We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic, innovative, and reliable person ideally with trade-based experience.
Must be a team player with a willingness to learn and use initiative.
Salary and terms to be negotiated depending on skills and experience based on the Gardening and Landscaping Services Award.
If you enjoy working outdoors, have a passion for landscaping and take pride in what you do, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1 Luther Road Loxton, SA 5333.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday the 21st of May.
The Great Outdawes Landscaping are Seeking Experienced Landscapers
The Great Outdawes Landscaping is a small award-winning landscape construction business that prides itself in producing high end results in Adelaide. We specialize in all aspects of hard and soft landscaping for our residential customers.
We currently have a vacancy for an experience landscaper to join our team.
To be considered for this position the applicant must have the following:
- Drivers License with reliable vehicle
- Must be an honest and reliable person with a passion for the landscaping industry
- Be punctual and physically fit
- Have a minimum 3 years of recent landscape construction experience
- Have a great eye for detail
- Responsible and mature attitude
As a valued team member, you will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of our landscaping projects to enable you to gain further skills in the industry.
The position will be initially in a casual role with the ability to go full time for the right person.
To be successful in the role you must be skilled in all aspects of the landscape construction including but not limited to Paving, Fencing, Retaining walls, Irrigation, concrete works and Timber structures.
For more information or to apply, please contact Phil Dawes on 0439 751 281 or email email@example.com.
LED Outdoor are Seeking a Lighting Designer / Showroom Consultant
LED Outdoor is looking for a dynamic Lighting Designer / Showroom Consultant to be responsible for the daily operations of their Kent Town showroom. This is a flexible role spanning 6 days and approximately 30 hours total per week (including Saturdays).
Our customer base covers all facets of the construction industry, including architects, builders, interior designers, landscape designers, landscapers and electricians. The ability to communicate with and build relationships across this diverse range of professions is essential.
A background in lighting or design will be favourably regarded. However, training can be provided for the right candidate.
If you feel that you might meet the criteria for this role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Troy on 8278 5269.
Wholesale Plants & Products are Seeking a General Nursery Trainee.
Wholesale Plants & Products are seeking a trainee to work 30-40 hours per week at their Dry Creek location.
Duties include receiving and placement of incoming stock and general maintenance of the stock including watering etc.
For more information and to apply, contact Phil Feast, WPP Sales Manager, on 08 8262 7787 or email email@example.com.
PLOT works are hiring.
PLOT works are a well-established, respected and award winning civil and landscape construction company. We have three positions currently available; a Commercial Landscape/ Civil Estimator, a Landscape Construction Supervisor and a Landscape Project Administrator to complement our growing team.
CIVIL / LANDSCAPE LEADING HAND / SUPERVISOR
This role requires the applicant take on a responsible supervisory role with a ‘hands on’ approach therefore experience is essential. Most importantly we require someone highly motivated who can communicate effectively at all levels, be able to analyse and solve problems and have an eye for detail.
- Project coordination
- Interpret building plans and setout accordingly
- Interpret regulations and codes of practice to direct progress of the work, making sure that specifications and regulations are followed, and proper methods and materials are used
- Overseeing the use of plant and materials
- Organising, quantifying material to site, rostering staff and programming upcoming works.
- Providing methodology and technical assistance to staff, ascertaining any training requirements
- Setting work priorities
- Monitoring safety, quality, OH&S and environmental plans
Phone and car provided.
LANDSCAPE / CIVIL ESTIMATOR
The role is responsible for the preparation and submission of tenders to a vast range of clients including council and builders. The successful applicant must be self-motivated, organised, reliable, have excellent communication skills with an attention to detail to work within a busy team. The role will be broad requiring a versatile skill set, predominantly focusing on estimating and tender bid support but also in managing the delivery of small projects when there is demand.
Civil / Landscape Construction Industry knowledge or tertiary qualification in Construction or Construction estimating experience essential.
- Analyse building plans and specifications to determine time, cost and labour requirements for project works.
- Material quantity take offs, BOQ’s and sourcing of prices for tender submissions
- Identify risk and opportunities associated with the tender/project.
- Ensure all bids are developed professionally, meeting all criteria requested by clients on time and accurately.
- Procurement administration services including sourcing suppliers, negotiating rates and following up on submissions to secure work.
- Provide pricing for variations and revisions in accordance with contract.
- Comply to company policy in regards to WH&S, Quality Control and Environmental Systems.
LANDSCAPE CONTRACTS / PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR
This versatile and integral role is responsible for landscape contract and project administration whilst also providing general all-round office support. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are required as well as time management and organisational skills. We are looking for a flexible, adaptable and responsive team player.
Minimum 1 years Civil / Landscape Construction or building industry knowledge
- Read and interpret site plans and specifications
- Manage all administration according to the contracted scope from tender to project delivery.
- Proactively showing initiative with ideas, problem solving, amendments and providing regular updates.
- Supporting the Project Managers administrative workload by sourcing supplies/documenting quantities for various projects
- Preparation and development of project SWMS and programs
- Proficient Microsoft Office support (Autocad/ Photoshop an advantage)
- Identify, track, analyse and present contract variations
- Liaising with the Director, clients, consultants, sub-contractors and stakeholders
- Preparation of warranties, manuals and other project completion documentation.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eco Outdoor are Seeking a Senior Showroom Consultant.
Senior Showroom Consultant
Are you really into sales or the design & outdoor living space?
We’re looking for a dynamic and charismatic individual to join our Adelaide team as a Senior Sales Consultant.
As a senior consultant, you will look after design clients within the showroom space and provide support to retail consumers engaging in the design and product selection process. You’d also be supporting our business development team and driving sales of architectural flooring & walling products – as well as outdoor furniture – from our Kent Street showroom.
We’d preferably like someone with sales experience but if you’re smart and really into the design and outdoor lifestyle space yourself; we’d take that too. Maybe you appreciate the use of natural materials in architecture; maybe you have a love for outdoor styling and landscaping. Whatever your fancy, most of all we’re looking for someone who is ambitious and passionate.
The person we’d like to join the team will ideally have:-
- A solutions-based approach to sales
- An eagerness to progress and learn
- A proactive, “can-do” attitude
- A desire to be and play a part in a close-knit team
- A natural interest and flair for design and architecture
Sound like you? Drop us a line at email@example.com and say hello.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Newtons are Seeking a Salesperson.
Newtons Building and Landscape Supplies are one of Adelaide’s leading landscaping and building supply companies.
They are currently recruiting a full time sales person for their Newton store. The role involves trade and retail sales, with a focus on customer service. The successful applicant will also have opportunities for future growth and development within Newtons Building and Landscape Supplies.
To view the full job description and to apply, please click here.
Garden Grove is Seeking a Retail Irrigation Consultant.
Garden Grove Supplies are looking for a full time, energetic sales person to join their team.
The successful candidate requires a thorough understanding of domestic and preferably commercial irrigation systems. Garden Grove are looking for someone with at least two years’ experience and the ability to multitask. The right candidate will be hard-working, organised, creative and passionate about delivering excellent service to their valued customers.
You will be able to work in a high-pressure environment, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be a reliable team player and be able to work unsupervised. Working over a 7 day roster.
Applicants must possess:
- Great customer service
- Sales – Customer development and quotes
- Competent in irrigation design and layout
- General computer skills
- High standard of general house keeping
- Forklift Licence preferred – but not essential
If this sounds like you, please send your resume to: LeanneN@gardengrove.com.au