• Entries in the Awards of Excellence are open to current full MLSA Members only. An entry consists of one project which may be submitted into one or more categories. Applicants must nominate under which category(s) they wish to submit a project on the entry form.
• MLSA Commercial Landscape Contractor members may enter up to five projects at no charge. Six or more projects will incur a fee of $110 per additional entry.
• Residential Landscape Contractor, Landscape Designer and Garden Maintenance Contractor members are entitled to free unlimited entries into any category except Commercial categories where the limit is two entries at a cost of $110 per entry.
• Student members are not currently able to enter the Awards.
• A completed entry form plus brief is required for each individual entry. A client brief detailing work performed should be attached to each entry (refer to the entry form for relevant brief documentation).
• All Entrants must hold any licence(s) relevant to perform the scope of work they are entering.
• All Entrants must either be the principal contractor and responsible for the complete project, or if they were only contracted for part of the completed project, permission from the principal contractor is required to enter their portion of the work into the Awards.
• Clients must be briefed by entrants not to disclose information which may influence the anonymity of the project during judging. Every effort should be made to avoid the presence of Entrant’s staff during the judging process.
• Entries must have been completed within the preceding ten years and must not have won an Award in the same category previously from MLSA.
• Projects within a 50km radius of the Adelaide CBD may be judged on site. Projects outside of that area must submit a DVD or power point presentation of the project with supporting photographs. For further information please contact Simone Wirkus on 0412 199 377.
• Independent Judges are selected to judge their field of expertise and are therefore required to award points in that field only, i.e. Design, Construction or Horticulture.
• All details of judging are kept in the strictest confidence. The anonymity of each project is maintained throughout the entire judging process.
• It is desirable to have a clear winner in each category. However, the Judges reserve the right:
– To award two projects equally if both are considered to be of equal standing,
– Not to issue an Award if there are no appropriate projects in a category,
– Not to issue an Award if the standard of projects in a category does not merit an Award.
• The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• If the entry criteria have not been met, the entry will not be judged.